Monday, September 20, 2010

Where Do I Find These Artists' Works?


In a couple of weeks I'll be off to Spain, Portugal and Morocco. Of course I'll do my best to hit the Prado and other important Madrid shrines such as the Joaquin Sorolla home/museum. I'll be in Barcelona for a few days towards the end of the trip as well as in-between places such as Toledo, Lisbon, Seville, Granada, Marrakesh and Fez.

Here's a list of a miscellany of late-19th, early-20th century Spanish painters whose work I'm curious to see in person. Has anyone out there been to museums in the cities noted above and noticed any works by these artists?

  • Hermenegildo (Hermen) Anglada-Camarasa
  • Manuel Benedito Vivas
  • Ramon Casas i Carbo
  • Raimundo Madrazo y Garrata
  • Luis Muntane Muns
  • Antonio Ortiz Echague
  • Francisco Pons Arnau
  • Santiago Rusinyol
I'm particularly interested in works by Casas. Also of interest are suggestions you might have regarding other not-so-well-known painters whose work can be seen along my itinerary. Expect some reports once I return towards the end of October.

No comments: